Thursday, January 28, 2016

Learning in the Journey by Rev. Lonnie C. Crowe



As I write this, I am again sitting in my husband's hospital room waiting for the doctor to show us the next step in our journey.  I have been reflecting on what the Lord has spoken to me during the past five months and the trials along the way.

I have sensed the Lord telling me that my husband will be healed.  We want healing to be instantaneous, but that hasn't happened.  Mike underwent a Whipple Procedure that requires a lengthy recovery.  Mike is 77.  His age is not in his favor.  Even though the recovery has been difficult and is not over, the doctors are amazed at how well he is doing.  When I see him struggling, the word of the Lord and the confirmation of the doctors have kept me walking in faith.

I slowed my activities for three months after the Whipple.  As the New Year rolled around, I was hesitant to return to my normal activities. I felt I should wait until we received the report from a scheduled CT scan. I sensed the prompting of the Holy Spirit to step forward. As soon as I agreed with God, invitations to speak and serve came forth. Furthermore, the results of the CT were excellent.

This week we have met another complication.  When it is corrected on Fridayday, Mike's recovery should be expedited.

I have learned to be still and let God be God. I have witnessed the concern, compassion and expertise of the medical community from valet parking through one of the best surgical staffs in the nation. We have literally been served by hundreds in Torrington, Wyoming, Greeley, Colorado and Scottsbluff, Nebraska.

Our family and friends have rallied around us.
Our sons and their families have sacrificed time, talent and tears for us.

As our journey continues, we are evermore aware of our blessings. It is what we learn during the journey that most enriches our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment