Saturday, January 30, 2016

True forgiveness by Pieter Kirstein


The Bible talks about the root of bitterness. Hebrews 12:14  Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: 15  Looking diligently lest any man fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.

If something has a root then it means that its a thing that goes deep. Offenses do come because we live in an imperfect fallen world full of hatred and pride and everybody wants to be their own god and do things their own way but unforgiveness shall condemn your soul to an eternal hell of torment and destruction.
If we refuse to forgive and overcome all offenses by the power of the love of God then we in actual fact place ourselves through wilful pride above Almighty God as judge. Many people, even Christians still walk around with roots of bitterness being kept in bondage by demons of offence and unforgiveness. These people do not know the power of God's peace and they live in constant torment. Sometimes we can be so blinded by our own pride that we expect God to grant us forgiveness but refuse to release and forgive those who have caused hurt in our hearts.
Bitterness is breeding ground for demonic activity and its foolishness to nurture offenses. It's like a knife being stuck in your chest and the Lord wants to pull it out and release you from your pain and torment but you choose to treasure it like its a pet of some sort. The people or person who has caused you pain normally goes on with their lives but you choose to live in a place of torment. Every time you think about the one who offended you it aggravates you.

How many times do you fail God in a day and how many sins are covered by His holy love? Jesus admonished us in Matthew 18:21  Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22  Jesus said unto him, I say not unto you, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

The most powerful weapon that we have as children of God is the power of His love. Consider what God accomplished through the cross of Jesus Christ. Through a demonstration of His conquering love He destroyed and forever defeated the whole kingdom of darkness.
A suggested prayer:

Righteous Father I now choose to bring every person before Your holy throne of love, mercy, forgiveness and grace that have done me wrong and that have used and abused me throughout my life even since birth. God I acknowledge that I'm angry and offended because I have been harbouring offenses because of deep hurt and pain. My heart is fragile Jesus but Your love is my release and freedom. Lord i choose to encourage myself to completely forgive and renounce every deep root of bitterness within my heart through Your perfect example. When You hung upon that cross Jesus You were innocent but because of Your great love, while surrounded by Your enemies, you made the decision to forgive.

I now do the same because my struggle is not against flesh and  blood but against the kingdom of darkness because they want to see me end up in hell. I declare against you Satan in the holy name of Jesus the risen Son of God that I renounce all your works and all your deceptions that kept me in bondage. Through Christ I declare freedom by the power of God's love and by the ministry of the Holy Spirit we nail your roots of bitterness to the cross of Jesus Christ. Father God release the fire of Your love and cleanse my heart of all offenses in the name of Jesus. I receive Your peace as You wash me in the blood of Jesus.


Jesus where I have bitterness or unforgiveness against myself I ask forgiveness and release. Please empower me Lord God to love myself and my fellow man by the standard of Your love. Holy Spirit please penetrate my foundation and completely root out the tree of bitterness and unforgiveness with all it's different branches. God come a consuming fire and displace the works of darkness. Where there is strong resistance I release the hammer of God's authority according to Jeremiah 23:29 to strike through every wall,  barricade and satanic stronghold in the name of Jesus. I by faith Lord Jesus now call forth a kingdom of God invasion to dismantle the works of darkness to the foundation of every root in Jesus name. Transform me Father, cleanse me and wash me and be my ability to walk in the power of the holy love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment