Tuesday, January 19, 2016

THE ROLLER COASTER RIDE OF LIFE by Linda Patterson





Many of us love to ride on a ROLLER COASTER. It is exhilarating to go high to the top and then, VAROOM abruptly we go down, down, down to the bottom. Up and down we go. It is fun! It is exciting! We cry out with laughter and anticipation of the next turn.
For others, just the thought of getting buckled into the seat of a roller coaster instils fear. NO, NO, NOT ME! There is great trepidation at even the thought of going for a ride.
The Lord is saying today:
My beloved have you found lately that your life is like a roller coaster? You’re going UP, UP, UP, you’re ascending, enjoying the scenery, watching the sights at the top, laughing and having a great day. Then oh so soon you spiral down to the bottom. It is usually a slow ride to the top, but descending is abrupt and harried. You’re crying out, HELP!
There are times in life when you have great success, and others admire you and appreciate your friendship. You feel on top of the issues of life. You praise Me and thank Me for the marvelous things that I have done for you. My anointing is flowing over you, and you are bold and courageous.
There are other days when you feel down, discouraged or lonely. Perhaps you experience the death of one dear to your heart, or maybe a good friend has deserted you. You may be going through a time of pain and suffering, or experiencing a time of great financial lack. Yes, the warfare may be intense and you are crying out for answers. Lord HELP!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4

Always know that I am there for you and I am walking with you. Embrace the time, embrace the season that you are going through. Whether it is a high or whether it is a low, embrace it, learn from it and grow through it.
I am building a strong and fortified city within you, that will weather the storms that are coming. For the winds of adversity will surely blow, but you will stand steadfast, My beloved.
1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.”

At the very center of all that you say and do, cling to the cross. Embrace the One who bled and died to save you from destruction. I lift you up, and I carry you. I am on the ROLLER COASTER ride of life with you. On the high days we cheer and laugh and on the low days, as you turn your heart towards Me, I hold you and comfort you.
So be encouraged; fresh hope will spring forth, and joy will bubble up through you. Don’t lose your joy and don’t lose your peace but go forward in victory, My beloved ones.
The ROLLER COASTER will take a turn and once again you will be at the peak, laughing and shouting with anticipation of the next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment