Sunday, October 25, 2015

I WILL TELL OF THE DAYS OF OLD by Stephen Hanson




32 And what shall I more say? for the time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah;
of David and Samuel and the prophets:33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness,
obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,34 quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the
sword, from weakness were made strong, waxed mighty in war, turned to flight armies of aliens.
35 Women received their dead by a resurrection: and others were tortured, not accepting their deliverance;
that they might obtain a better resurrection:36 and others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yea,
moreover of bonds and imprisonment:37 they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, they were tempted,
they were slain with the sword: they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated
38 (of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves, and the holes of the earth.3
And these all, having had witness borne to them through their faith, received not the promise,
40 God having provided some better thing concerning us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.  Hebrews 11

"And now people of God, listen to me, for I will tell you of the days of old.

For in the past I moved upon my people.  They performed great miracles in my name.
They took upon armies with merely the jawbone of an ass.  They saw into the enemies'
camp, and children were given their life back again.

They spoke, and their words did not fall to the ground.  They gathered my people, and
the waters were parted for them.  Many miracles were wrought in my name.  And now
there is a church that sings songs about these things as if they were written down in
a story book. I tell you that they happened and they can happen still.

For the waters will again, be lifted in my name.  The dead will be given life again. You
will see into the enemies' camp, and great feats of strength and wisdom will be wrought.

These things have not ceased. The book has not been closed to them.  "


Stephen Hanson




No comments:

Post a Comment