Thursday, October 22, 2015

THE PROMISED LAND by Stephen Hanson






Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. Psalm 91


"Once my people danced and sang to me in the open fields.  They sang to me and remembered how I had brought them to the promised land. And now, many of you are wondering where that land is.  You look out into the distance, over the hills and the valleys.  But I tell you that it is not a distant place.  For it is right near you.

The promised land is where you believe in my promises. It is where you live above the troubles of this world.  It is a place in my spirit where you can be enraptured by my presence.   It is a place where the cares of this world float away. 

For in this promised land you are hidden under my wings.  You are in the hollow of my hands.  For in this promised land, the terror will not come near your tent, nor the fowler or any other pestilence. The mountains will quake, and the seas will rise, but if you are in my promised land, then you will remain safe from the destruction that is around you."

Stephen Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment