Monday, October 26, 2015

The Good Shepherd of Psalm 23 by Deborah Waldron Fry


I see the Good Shepherd motioning for His sheep to follow Him.  He is smiling, for He has seen the end from the beginning.  His sheep know His Voice and they will not follow another.  He is leading you where you have never gone before.  He is leading you to a higher place. He is leading you on His path.
There is danger lurking on the side roads and detours.  But NO HARM shall come to you who are with your Shepherd.  His rod and staff shall comfort you.  For with these He keeps the devouring lions away.
You belong to Him and He shall keep your feet from stumbling.  Rest secure in Jesus, for He carries you on His strong shoulders and shields you all the day long.  The Good Shepherd loves His sheep and has laid down His life for them.
So keep looking to Jesus, beloved.  Keep your eyes upon His Glorious Face. He is saying,” Follow me, Beloved.  I AM your fierce Protector.  Be not afraid for I have gone ahead of you.  I make a way where there seems to be no way.  I have much to show you. Rise up, My love, My beautiful one and come away with Me.”
Rod–  Hebrew- SEBET- a part of a tree, a “stick” used for counting sheep and to protect the sheep from other animals; has a sense of AUTHORITY
Staff–  Hebrew- MISHENA – something to lean on, trust, support.
“He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.  When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice.  But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice,”   John 10:3-5.
“Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between His shoulders,”   Deuteronomy 33:12.
“My Beloved spake, and said unto me,” Rise up, My love, My fair one, and come away,”   Song of Solomon 2:10.
Psalm 23 – Passion Translation:
“God is my Fierce Protector…
I always have more than enough.
He provides a resting place for me
In His luxurious love.
His tracks take me to an oasis of peace,
The quiet brook of bliss.
That’s where He restores and revives my life.
He opens before me the pathways to God’s pleasure,
And leads me in His footsteps of righteousness,
So that I can bring honor to His name.
Lord, even when your path takes me through
The valley of deepest darkness
Fear will never conquer me, for you already have!
You remain close to me and lead me through it all the way.
Your authority is my strength and my peace.
The comfort of your love takes away my fear.
I’ll never be lonely, for you are near.
You become my delicious feast
Even when my enemies dare to fight.
You anoint me with the fragrance of Your Holy Spirit;
You give me all I can drink of You until my heart overflows.
So why would I fear the future?
For I’m being pursued only by
Your goodness and unfailing love.
Then afterward — when my life is through,
I’ll return to Your glorious presence
To be forever with You!”

~Deborah Waldron Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment