Saturday, October 31, 2015

The One Who Sits on My Right Hand by Rev. Lonnie C. Crowe



During these weeks of my husband’s illness and ongoing recuperation, I have often sensed the Lord’s presence.  I sense Him reaching out with His left hand to comfort, console and encourage.  I sense Him actually massaging my neck and my shoulders.  Oh, what peace!!

These experiences have led me to contemplate the right and left hand of God.  I remember the mother of James and John asking that one of her sons sit on the right hand of Jesus and the other on the left.  Our Savior answered, “Matthew 20:23b (NKJV): “to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father."  

Many scriptures tell us that Jesus is currently seated in at the right hand of God.  Two of those are found in the book of Mark:
Mark 14:62 (NKJV) 
Jesus said, "I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."
Mark 16:19 (NKJV) 
So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.”

The right hand of God is the seat of God’s omnipotence.  Jesus is the manifestation of that power.

I have been content to sit at the left hand of God.  Recently, the Holy Spirit deepened that contentment with further revelation.  From out of my spirit arose the truth that if I am seated on the left hand of God, He is seated on my right hand.  His strength becomes my strength.  “I am weak, but He is strong.”  Because I am seated on the left hand of God, I can do all things because He is my strength (Philippians 4:13).

The psalmist wrote Psalm 121:5 (NKJV): “The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand.”
Father, I am thankful that while I am seated to Your left, You are seated to my right. You are my right hand of power.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment