Friday, February 19, 2016

Appeal to Heaven by Mary B Dovie



The storm clouds gather darkening the sky
Loud voices rise up in a war-battle cry
It seems like evil is winning the day
But the Lord commands, “On your knees and pray”
“Appeal to Heaven in your hour of need
Humble your hearts, My commands do heed
Turn from the ways of the wicked one
Let faith arise as you worship the Son”
“Like the evergreen tree that withstands the drought
Your confidence in Me overcomes all doubt
I AM your answer, your safe, strong tower
On the wings of the wind, I come in power”
“Repentance has been granted to the sons of men
Who with sincere hearts, their wills do bend
Calling on their Savior Who is near and real
Saying with contrite hearts, ‘To Heaven we appeal’”
“I hear your cry,” the Lord replies
“Broken and contrite hearts, I’ll never despise
When you appeal to your King of Glory
I will write the end of this nation’s story”
“This American nation has a destiny in Me
Established in the roots of the Liberty Tree
Trust Me to finish the work I’ve begun
Victory is assured by the Blood of the Son”
Scriptural References:
2 Kings 8:3-5; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalms 1:3; 34:18; 51:17; Jeremiah 29:11

Mary B. Dovie
“In God We Trust”

No comments:

Post a Comment