Friday, February 19, 2016

Becoming Stealth: A Vision By Kathi Pelton


This morning I was meditating on the verses in Colossians 3. In the midst of reading this important chapter on “how to live as believers” I was taken into a vision. Before I share the vision I encourage you to read all of Colossians 3. This chapter basically sums up what it looks like to change our spiritual clothing (ways) when we come alive in Christ. Verse 5-8 tells us what we should take off,
“Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.”
And then verses 12-14 tell us what we are to put on,
“…you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.”
As I was meditating on these verses I saw a vision God’s people changing their clothes. In the vision I saw the people clearly and vividly as they were wearing their old nature and as they began to take off the old nature and clothe themselves in the new nature (the image of God) they became more and more invisible. This continued until I could no longer see them.
I asked the Lord why His people were becoming invisible and He replied, “I am making my people stealth to the enemy as they are clothed in My image.” Wow, in this time of great spiritual warfare God has given us strategy for both Christian living and for spiritual warfare. As we clothe ourselves in these virtues we become stealth.
A number of years ago the Lord showed gave me a dream about demons being attracted to the atmosphere of fear, chaos, anger and perversions and how the peace, faith, joy and love completely confused the enemy and attracted the angelic to rush to us. I absolutely loved this dream. This is one of the reasons that I began to really pursue peace in my life and ultimately wrote me devotional, 30 Days to Breakthrough: Peace.
The virtues spoken of in Colossians 3 are not mere suggestions but vital for every believer. The enemy has had far too much access in the lives of the sons and daughters of God through the areas of still wearing and walking in the old nature rather than the new nature. The Holy Spirit is both willing and able to help you to shed the old and put on the new. It is a work of the Spirit with the cooperation and yielded heart of the Believer.
It’s time to become stealth and Colossians 3 in your guidebook to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this vision! Firstly, because the Lord has been showing me for about 15 years the importance of being stealth. We don't want to strive to be seen, but rather, unseen! This gives us a clear picture of why it is important. Sweet! Secondly, Colossians 3:12-17 has been a favorite of mine from the beginning of my walk with the Lord, and this dream and exhortation adds so much depth for understanding. The pursuit of peace is worthy of our effort. It is impossible to achieve without walking in love and forgiveness. Thanks Kathi for sharing this word and thank you Suzanne for posting it. As my brother and I always signed our letters to each other: Love is the glue that binds.
    Amen!

    ReplyDelete