Monday, November 23, 2015

ARE YOU SPEAKING LORD? by Stephen Hanson




11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.
13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” Kings 19

I asked the Lord if he was speaking, and then he said:

Yes, I am speaking in this hour.   Sometimes I thunder, and other times I come as just a whisper. I speak in the middle of the night.  I speak as the waves roll across the shoreline. I speak in the deep places of the forest.

But there are few that truly listen to me; very few truly know my voice.  Some mistake my voice for their own.  But those who truly know my voice, walk with me, hand-in-hand. They are like Enoch.   For when the dark days come, whose voice will you listen to in that hour?

When the buildings topple and the cities are set on fire, will you listen to the one that speaks to you then? Will your leader's voices have the answers?   When those who have spoken from the pulpits have been dismayed, will you find another to listen to?

My voice will lead you in that hour. I will be a great light in a dark place for you.  But you need to be prepared and to know my voice for you now.   You need to be trained in knowing what is true and what is not.  For now, the time has come for strong meat, and the time for milk has been done away with."

Stephen Hanson


No comments:

Post a Comment