Monday, November 16, 2015

The Father Loves to Provide for YOU! by Victoria Boyson


www.victoriaboyson.com

"So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son an forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians1:6-8 NLT

When I was young, I experienced a recurring dream. Repeatedly, I dreamt a very loving elderly man drove up to my home with a semi-truck trailer full of things just for me. I would look up into the trailer and see clothes, furniture and toys and even a bike all for me.

Then, the old man would tell me how much He loved me and that He wanted to take care of me. This was very comforting to me, because our family was very poor and we had very little. I'd always felt vulnerable due to the lack we experienced, and having someone meet my needs and say they wanted to take care of me was soothing to my heart.

I continued to have this dream even into my college years, and I know now this wonderful elderly man was my heavenly Father. Through the dream, He was showing me that He will provide everything I need and He would take care of me.

It's quite natural for a father to receive pleasure from providing for his children. So, it is even more so God's pleasure to take care of us in the natural and the supernatural. We have been provided for in both realms. He's given us His glorious grace and through grace we gain access to His heart for strength and provision - whatever we need. 

Our Father is, indeed, so rich in kindness and grace that He has more than enough for us and it's His great pleasure to meet our needs happily. Verse eight in the Scripture above says, "He has showered his kindness on us" and He has.

It's easy to read past these verses without thinking of what they really mean to us. He loved us, forgave us and adopted us as sons and daughters. He's poured out His "glorious grace" and given us all things to enjoy.

God said, "Only ask and I will given you the nations as your inheritance, the whole earth as your possession" (Psalm 2:8).

As God pours out His grace on us, He demonstrates to the supernatural realms His great and unchangeable love toward us. He reveals all the factors of His character, strengthening our love for Him in order to keep us from evil.

He continues to generously pour out His character, love, and grace on us by increasing daily our wisdom and understanding in Him purposing to reveal His likeness in us. And He has promised to pour out ALL wisdom and understanding to us, all components of His grace revealing His character through us!

It is through us, the Father has chosen to reveal Himself, His character and His power; this is truly a risky choice, but, nonetheless, that's what He's chosen. It's our joy and responsibility to be like Him,and reveal not only to the world what He's really like, but even to the evil beings in the supernatural realm. Yes, even to our enemy God wants to reveal Himself through us.

Through His grace, He is showing the enemy: 1) How much He loves by loving us, 2) How much love He has, 3) How great and powerful He is by keeping us from Satan's hands, 4) He is revealing His character through the work He does in and through us, making us His trophies of grace.

Truly, the Father longs to show us how much we are loved in order to dispel the lies the enemy has thrown at us. The enemy has lied to us about ourselves and about God, but our Father fights continually to eradicate everyone of them. Sometimes the Father blesses us just to show us we truly are His.

Our Father will never give up on His creation, He will never let Satan win. God will never let us go. He is relentless in His pursuit and He will win!

What a Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment