Saturday, November 28, 2015

Positioned With a Purpose by Elaine Tavolacci


One day I was in my car at a traffic light waiting for it to turn green. The traffic was heavy and there were several cars in front of me also waiting to go. When the signal light turned green I looked ahead to see why the cars in front of me were not moving. I noticed that the first car at the front of the line was holding everyone else up. This delay was causing some of the people in front of me to become impatient and agitated, and then something caught my attention. I noticed how each car had to move in sequence one car at a time in order for the traffic to start flowing. The second car couldn't move until the first one moved, the third car couldn't go anywhere until the first and the second car moved and so forth. 

The Holy Spirit spoke to me in that moment and said, this is why the body of Christ is not advancing as they should. There are leaders who are not moving forward as they are supposed to, and they are holding everyone else up who are following them. Many Christians are lagging behind, because they are waiting for others to move. The fivefold ministry as well as the leaders have to make the first move in order for the others to flow freely. There are many Christians who are spiritually hungry and are not being fed properly because they are waiting on the leaders to make a move. 

The Lord says, I am calling the ministers and leaders to rise up to the position that they were called to. There are multitudes that are in the valley of decision, confusion and fear, and they are looking for someone to lead, direct and advise them. I am calling those in the front lines of ministry to shake off the lethargy and rise up to where I have called them to be. I am calling on the five fold ministry to walk in the callings that I have placed on their lives. 

I will instruct them and give them the knowledge, wisdom and revelation that they need in their season. I am also raising up new leaders from among you to train and minister to the lost sheep. I am calling men and women of righteousness to equip and lead groups in wholesome living. As you inquire of Me, I will give you the words to speak and show you how to lead. I am calling My people to walk in integrity as everything produces after its kind says the Lord. 

Luke 6:39-40 And He spoke a parable to them: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch? A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.

Ephesians 4:11-12 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ

Hebrews 12:12-14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment