Saturday, September 26, 2015

God Said, "Let This Season Change. Let It End" by Kim Potter

A few days ago my mom reminded me that summer was coming to an end and the first day of fall was coming up. I began to think about seasons. For me, summer comes to an end when I complete my day of canning apples, applesauce and making apple jelly. I feel once that is completed, fall season has arrived. Even as I write this, the crispness of the air declares the seasons are indeed changing. The leaves are turning brilliant colors and beginning to fall upon the ground, I just love this time of year!
This past weekend, I spent an entire day canning apples, applesauce and preparing jelly for the winter ahead. It was actually a few weeks early for me, generally this takes place in October. While I was busy doing this I kept hearing the Lord speak something into my spirit. He said, "LET this season change. LET it end." (Photo via Pixabay)
While I thought it was odd that He was telling me to LET it happen, I listened, knowing He was speaking a timely word to me. The word LET is defined as to not prevent, to give permission or opportunity to and to allow.
It indeed sounds odd for God Almighty to instruct us to LET something happen, doesn't it? However if we read our Bible we find that God has given us a great deal of authority to govern things on this earth.
Psalm 8:4-7 states, "What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen – even the beasts of the field."
If God has given us dominion over the works of His hands, as this word states, then we can certainly delay or prevent things on this earth, such as not allowing our seasons to change.
Moving On
Why would we want to hold onto something that God is done with? Why do we do this? Well, we may hold onto a business that is no longer making profit and God is saying, "Let it go and move on." Or we may hold onto a hobby that has brought us pleasure in the past but no longer is enjoyable or relaxing. Or we may hold onto relationships that are not conducive to where God wants us to go. There are many things we hold onto when it is time to let go and most of the time we are holding onto them because of fear of the unknown. (Photo via deviantart)
If we are holding onto things God is done with in our lives, we are missing God's next thing for us. Additionally, if God has said, "Let it go," and we continue to hold on – then we are holding on in our own strength and not His, He is no longer in it. I don't know about you but I don't want anything in my life that God doesn't want in my life, even if my flesh is telling me differently.
When God spoke to me to "LET this season change. LET it end," He didn't stop there. He continued speaking to me and said, "What was profitable in the last season will NOT be profitable in the next season. What worked in the last season will not work in the coming season. Let it change."
One of the things that often changes are sources of income. We MUST let go of the past sources to lay hold of the future sources. We can't have both. When God tells us to let a season change, let it end, it is only because He has something better for us ahead – it is only because He is delivering us from that OLD way and opening wide the door to the NEW way. If God is speaking to you today, remember two things. One, it is God who opens doors and closes doors (Revelation 3:7), and two, God can open or close the doors but He won't make you walk through them or walk away from them, that choice is yours.
Even as I write this I just received a call from a person whom I managed their property. I have done this for seven years, but it too, is coming to an end. It is not because of anything I have done wrong or didn't do, it is simply time for the season to change, and this call only serves as more confirmation that God is changing my seasons. However, I don't believe He is speaking this to me alone; I believe many of us need to hear this word... LET the season change. We MUST release what was to lay hold of what is to come.
It is not comfortable to let go of things, especially if they have been working for several years – but it is also not comfortable to go a way that is no longer God's way. Sometimes we hold too tightly to a particular season, we have to be able to discern when it's time to hold on and when it's time to let go.
Follow His Presence
I am reminded of a time when God came to me and said, "Can I take you to a place where your faith is unshakable?" At that time everything in my life was going great. I knew that "place" He wanted to take me would not be pleasant and I didn't want to go. I knew it was a place where everything that could be shaken would be shaken therefore, I said no. His silence, when I said no, was deafening, eventually, I said, "Yes God, Your will, not mine."
I desperately wanted to stay in that season where everything was going great – but God was leaving that season, and to go with Him, I had to pack my tent and follow His presence and I am so glad I did. Just like in the Old Testament, when His presence leaves a particular place, if we are to abide in His presence, we must follow Him even when we can't see what is ahead, that's where faith comes in and carries us through. (Photo via flickr)
I think of Lot's wife. God had sent great deliverance to Lot's entire family, yet his wife could only look back, even after she was told not to look back. If she had kept her eyes straight ahead and kept walking forward, she would have walked into a land of protection, provision and blessing, but she didn't and that's precisely where her journey stopped prematurely.
I believe God has something awesome for many of us. The question is: Will we, by faith, allow this season to end without clearly seeing what is ahead of us? Will we refuse to delay the changing of seasons? Will we give permission to allow the seasons to change? It will require an act of faith – an act of our will. That's all it takes. I simply have to say, "Father, I don't see what is ahead, but I trust You and I LET this season change, may it change now in Jesus name."
The Word of God promises us that God orders the steps of a righteous man or woman. I believe our steps are ordered of the Lord. Will we take those steps? Pray and seek discernment regarding what you may be holding onto that God wants you to let go of. Pray and ask God if it is time to move on. Ask God to give you peace about what you are sensing from Him and then move forward, refusing to look back. If God is speaking to you today... then let this season end.
On a final note: I have this sense, this feeling in my spirit that is growing day by day, that if I can, if we can, let go of the past season, whatever it held, however good or bad it appeared, if we truly let it go – a great and powerful door in God will open up to us! That is what I am sensing... and that is what strengthens me to say, "Let this season end God, I am in agreement with You and I am going where You go."
Kim Potter
A New Thing Ministries

Email: kpotter@anewthingministries.com
Website: www.anewthingministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment