Friday, July 17, 2015

Checkmate! by Becky Porter


I hear the Lord saying:  Just like in a game of chess - I know every single move the enemy will ever make, and I have already “checkmated” him before he even gets there!  No matter how hard he tries he will NEVER win, for HE IS ALREADY A DEFEATED FOE!!!
As you spend time in My Word and in My presence, I will reveal the enemy’s plans to you in advance, and I will show you what move he is going to make before he actually makes it, and I will show you how to checkmate him EVERY time!  It is of the utmost importance that you spend quality time communing with Me every day so that you will be prepared and equipped and will not be caught off guard by the tactics of the enemy.  If you are prepared for battle and already know in advance what move the enemy is going to make, then you can thwart his plans and “cut him off at the pass” and avoid his “land mines” and hidden traps.
I have a glorious and perfect plan for your life, and I will unfold it with precision and impeccable timing.  Often My people try to take things into their own hands and do it their way – the way that “makes sense” to their natural minds, but My ways are much higher than your ways, and My plans will NEVER fail if you follow My instructions and carry out My plans as I direct.
Many of you are war torn and battle weary from fighting daily battles – battles of the mind and the flesh, battles in relationships, battles with finances, battles with health, etc.  The enemy’s plan is to wear out the saints; to distract them and keep them occupied and focused on other things so they will not be effective for My Kingdom, and so they will live defeated lives and never fulfill their destinies. 
Many of you have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to recover from hits you have received from the enemy.  This should not be so.  I want to teach My people how to do effective spiritual warfare.  The key is to get My Word into your hearts – renew your minds by reading My Word daily, meditate upon it and memorize it.  My Word and I are ONE, and as you “eat” My Word you will be transformed more and more into My image and likeness. As you truly begin to know, and receive the truth of My Word and My promises to you, you will LIVE it!  You will begin to think differently and talk and act differently, you will respond to others differently, and you will respond to circumstances differently.  You will begin to see yourself differently, you will see others differently, and you will also see ME differently!
As you renew your mind through the transforming power of My Word you will become stronger spiritually and it will become easier to put the flesh under and to walk in purity and righteousness.  Be quick to repent and quick to forgive – all of these things help you to close access doors to the enemy.  Remember to put on your spiritual armor daily, (Ephesians 6:10-17). 
Praise is a weapon of warfare – listen to praise music daily and sing along with it.  As you praise Me with a heart of worship I will clothe you with My glory, and chains of bondage will be broken off of your life.  There are many songs that contain scriptures – as you sing My Word it will transform and strengthen you.     
You also need to have balance in every area of your life – not only do you need to spend quality time with Me daily, but you also need to get the proper amount of sleep, you need to heave a healthy diet, and you need to get the proper amount of exercise.  Everyone has certain daily responsibilities that they need to take care of, but you also need to have FUN in your life as well!  Many of you are so burdened and stressed with your daily responsibilities, you don’t think you have time for fun recreational activities, but it is a very important part of life because it helps to keep you from getting “burned out.”  If you give Me the opportunity, I will help you find the proper balance that you need, and as a result you will have a much higher quality of life.  
2 Corinthians 3:18 AMP
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.
Romans 12:2 NLT
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Isaiah 40:31 AMP
But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.
Ecclesiastes 7:12 AMP
For wisdom is a defense even as money is a defense, but the excellency of knowledge is that wisdom shields and preserves the life of him who has it.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Becky Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment