Sunday, July 19, 2015

Land for God's People by Pam Clark



Currently I am a renter and it has worked for me because someone else will do the big maintenance and I have moved around quite a bit.  But lately I have thought that having my own land would be great, because I am really getting into doing those home improvements that become a big investment and planting flowers and a garden.

You can spend a lot of money on that and even in these times, it seems more practical because I will probably not be moving around as much as I was before when I was younger and ready to see the world I wanted to see.  Now I can do a lot of that via the internet!
If you put a plant into the ground, you often want it to be there years later.  I guess I really learned this when I was renting and the landlord wanted their property back to live there again and so I was forced to move.  While I totally understood their situation, I understood mine too!

So I have been praying about this and when you live on a side job and donations (so I can have the free time to seek the Lord), it's hard to really invest in something.  I do good to get by some months.  The Bible says that the parents lay up for their children and many rich families do give portions of land to their children for a home, but mine never did that.   They sold their home so they would not have to do the maintenance - urban living - and they didn't really understand that concept Biblically, so I don't think they failed - they just were ignorant on some things and didn't know the Bible on that.  They felt I could make my own way, which I pretty much did.  God will have you to give up a lot of things so that you can have the true riches in Him and when I found Him, the way life worked dramatically changed for me.

All that is just a personal reference as to how the Lord led me in this.  I was praying and asking Him for my land where I could do what I wanted to do and set it up the way I would like for all my critters and crops (there are restrictions here) and I'd love to have well (or spring) water and I have a nice little list.  God likes to hear these things and the house I am in now is an obvious answer to prayers like this in many ways.

I came from a small family and I don't have close family anymore, so no relative I know about is going to leave me anything or help out.  But as I am studying and praying on these things, and then also praying for America, I felt the Lord speak to ask for the land.  Suddenly instead of just praying for my own desires on this, because I very much want to be Spirit led on it all, the Lord is suddenly speaking to me about desiring land for the believers here in America.  Because when you own the land, you have a lot of say with what goes on, on the land.

Now normally, all this would just be private but the Lord impressed me that it was important to have land in taking the lands for the Kingdom of God.  The Jews painfully know what it is like to be homeless with their many enemies too.  As we can see, our faith rivals have already seen this and have made inroads into this nation in big ways.  There are two Golden Rules, one is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and the second one is, "He who has the gold makes the rules!"

I grew up like many, somewhat idealistically, wanting to believe the best in everyone, believing that you don't question what seems like good intentions, only to find out that can steer you real wrong after a while.  Jesus said to discern the fruit of the matter, and that can apply to many things!  Even our forefathers knew to have a system of checks and balances, because the greed of man would work to prevail against that.

Our nation has lasted 200 years;  will its greatness continue, or is it fading away?  A nation that does not care for its people will be led by those who are selfish.   Add the obvious hard times following to that and you will have chaos and incivility.  It's inevitable.  It's not recovered in a day.  You have to raise up the children with the values that you want to see.  How much do you trust this current generation?  How many good values are not being taught to them while they revel in their ever increasing tech world that bypasses the human touch more and more?  Today, it's too much trouble to read a Bible chapter in church.

There is something about being in the country or on the land or by the water that just sychronizes your soul with nature.  There is a refreshing that comes that just seems to stabilize your senses and that gives you a sense of place on the planet.  Land is important!

So as I am praying, I realize I am not the only one whose parents didn't lay up for them that way (but they did many other good things), but knowing, too, that God knows how to make things work in His Family because the natural family of the world does.

Sometimes people are being rebuked in the Bible for hogging up all the land, but today the exhortation is to acquire the land and rule it for the Kingdom of God.  Since I am not aware of any I will inherit, I am going to God for Him to arrange whatever He would desire to make the ways and means for me to acquire mine.  He was really making it known to me that because I am His child, there WAS land that is MINE!  It was an awesome thought.  I just had never worried about it before.

As a nation we have to value our land, because him who has the gold does make the rules!  I have really enjoyed some of the places where I have lived.  The Lord has many times blessed me with a really good spot where there was great nature and I learned a lot because of that.  Before, all this city girl knew about green beans was that you go to the store and buy a can of them, but now I know how to plant them and cook them, season them and can them!  I have a much greater appreciation for all the things that farmers go through and even how God provides for man.  And we all know that synthetic food is a big fail!

The Bible was written to an agricultural society who really understood those terms and living in the country has opened my eyes a lot more to things.  One day I want to write an article on what I have learned in the garden, because I find God really does speak there in special ways.  There is a Spiritual heritage and there is work to keep you on your toes, because there are forces that challenge you and that you have to work with in many dimensions.  From the bugs and the weeds, to the how the weather works with it and the seeds, and all the processes in between, there is a lot to learn!

The connection to the land and our Bible is IMPORTANT!!!  Not only do we till the land, but we also share the land, with other people and other creatures.  But what I want to really share with you is that I believe that God has land FOR His people!   We just have to find our spot and place and settle in with our faith.  We have to use the wisdom that comes from being led by God.  (That used to be a given, but not so much anymore!) America needs her land and Christians do, too!
My garden this year, the best one to date, but there is still a lot to learn!
Copyright © 2015 Pam Clark Ministries, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Pam Clark Ministries
PO Box 484
Moravian Falls, NC 28654

No comments:

Post a Comment